We've MOVED!

The new site is up, with new reviews, a list of the new comics arriving each week, and more...

Join us at:

houdinisanctum.com

Be sure and stop by, and as always - we encourage you to comment and suggest ways we can improve the site. Hope to see you there soon...




Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Jan14 2008 Comics: Marvel


Deadpool #6 Puh-lease! Does it even matter what this issue is about? It's Deadpool, the Merc with a Mouth! Of course it's going to be good. You can surely expect the series' standard offbeat humor blending with the USDA's recommended daily serving of gratuitous violence. How can you possibly go wrong with this title?

Adam Legend Of Blue Marvel #3 (of 6) The Greatest Marvel superhero you've never heard of. Hmmm... I thought that was the Sentry's claim to fame? In any event, this is a limited series that manages to blend issues of race and heroism without being condescending or preachy. I'm not sure that Marvel really needed another "unknown hero from the past", but I do like this series and will definitely buy the third issue.

Nova: Origin of Richard Rider (One Shot) Reprinting material from Nova volume one #1 and 4 - written by Marv Wolfman and illustrated by the incomparable John and Sal Buscema - with a new framing sequence by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning. If you don't have the originals, this may be worth picking up (and read the ongoing Nova series while you're at it - more fine work from DnA.)

Just a few of the other Marvel titles coming tomorrow: Amazing Spider-Man #583 (this series has really gotten good since Marvel decided to publish an issue an hour - or whatever the current pocket-emptying pace is), Captain Britain And MI 13 #9 (another great title that not enough people are seeing), Wonderful Wizard Of Oz #2 (we'll discuss this comic in a future post - heck, I may review it), and X-Infernus #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Welcome to my sanctum sanctorum of comics book delights. Every magician - even a comic book magician - should have a place to ponder the deeper mysteries of life, the universe, and everything; this is mine.

But I want it to be yours as well. While I plan to share my thoughts and ideas about various comic book issues and series, I am not so egotistical as to think that mine are the only thoughts and ideas with merit. Your opinions might just matter to me as much as my own (depending on what day of the week it is and whether or not I have taken my medication), so be sure to use the comment feature and let me know what you think. Whether you agree, disagree, think I'm just the most insightful genius ever to grace the planet, or a moronic spouter of useless blather, I want to hear it.

Hopefully we'll have a little fun along the way...