We've MOVED!

The new site is up, with new reviews, a list of the new comics arriving each week, and more...

Join us at:

houdinisanctum.com

Be sure and stop by, and as always - we encourage you to comment and suggest ways we can improve the site. Hope to see you there soon...




Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Jan 14 2008 Comics: DC



Action Comics #873 At last, the final chapter of the New Krypton arc will be in my eager hands, as Action Comics #873 hits the stands tomorrow. Having already sneaked a peak at the preview posted on DC's website, I can only say "bring it on!" Anyone who has any interest in the Man of Steel will want to grab a copy of this comic, as the status quo for Supes is slated to change dramatically as this story arc reaches its conclusion.

Final Crisis #6 Or so the rumor goes. I won't believe that this comic has actually been released until I'm halfway done reading it. It seems like an eternity since the "conclusion" of Batman R.I.P., Grant Morrison's masterpiece designed to alter the Bat-Universe forever. I loved R.I.P. so much that I have been moodily awaiting the real conclusion to the story for weeks now. Seriously, what was DC thinking with this kind of scheduling? After getting used to a chapter a week in the different Bat comics, they make us wait a month for the finale - which isn't even in a Batman comic? Sigh... let's hope it's worth the wait.

Green Lantern Corps #32 If you read my review of the latest issue of Green Lantern, you can probably guess that this is another title I will grab up faster than AIG executives taking taxpayer bailout money. The entire Green Lantern universe is just so very compelling these days. A great crossover event like the 2007-08 Sinestro Corps War can do that to a franchise. And with this summer's Blackest Night event looming on the horizon, how can any of us bear to miss even a single issue of GL or the Corps?

Other DC titles of note include Faces Of Evil: Prometheus #1 (For a villain, you have to love this guy...he once took a whip to the groin from Catwoman, but still comes back for more), Manhunter #38 (the last issue, unfortunately, of a series that never really got the attention it deserved), Nightwing #152 (Ra's al Ghul ... need I say more?), Push #4 (the prequel to the upcoming motion picture involving psychic warfare), and Simon Dark #16 (this may be the best book you're not reading) just to name a few.

4 comments:

  1. FC 6 is out already?!? Gee that was fast! ;-} I thought the only "crisis" in Final Crisis was the long gaps in between em...Ahhh...Grant "us" MoreSoon!!!

    As for Batman RIP...well, I kinda like it at first (until that Zur-enlah episode.. say what?), At least the tie-ins were good..but the ending was a RIP-off!

    And yay! PUSH no.4?? The dynamic duo of Bernardin and Freeman pushes it!!! If you haven't heard of em...checkout Highwaymen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long gaps between em. ROTFLMAO. Can I quote you on that if I decide to do a review of that issue? That is just too funny to let pass.

    What... Zur en Arrrrr got the better of you? I have to go back and reread it, but I am certain it had something to do with Zorro, didn't it?

    The ending wasn't really a rip-off, other than the fact that it wasn't the ending. Lol. Who does that anyway? Lead us on forever in a pretty good arc, then not even finish the story in the supposed conclusion issue? That takes guts...or a complete lack of respect for the fans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lack of respect houdini

    greetings big fan!
    but i really must say... it sucks...
    well at least in comics world everything is possible so, go back ... and stop grant morrison once for all

    Adriana
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Adriana (love your profile picture, by the way. The hat is awesome!)- after reading FC 6, I agree. I don't feel respected by Morrison any more. I'd like to think its DD and the others at DC who are directing all this, but I just don't know any more. I just feel like even if Darkseid were defeated forever, Dark Morrison would just move onto his throne. Sigh...

    Anyway, thanks for the thoughts... and welcome:D

    ReplyDelete

Welcome!

Welcome to my sanctum sanctorum of comics book delights. Every magician - even a comic book magician - should have a place to ponder the deeper mysteries of life, the universe, and everything; this is mine.

But I want it to be yours as well. While I plan to share my thoughts and ideas about various comic book issues and series, I am not so egotistical as to think that mine are the only thoughts and ideas with merit. Your opinions might just matter to me as much as my own (depending on what day of the week it is and whether or not I have taken my medication), so be sure to use the comment feature and let me know what you think. Whether you agree, disagree, think I'm just the most insightful genius ever to grace the planet, or a moronic spouter of useless blather, I want to hear it.

Hopefully we'll have a little fun along the way...