We've MOVED!

The new site is up, with new reviews, a list of the new comics arriving each week, and more...

Join us at:

houdinisanctum.com

Be sure and stop by, and as always - we encourage you to comment and suggest ways we can improve the site. Hope to see you there soon...




Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Feb 11, 2009 Comics: DC

Action Comics #874: In the wake of the New Krypton Saga, Mon-El might finally be able to leave the Phantom Zone, where he has been trapped for years due to lead poisoning. I've always been a Mon-El fan, so I am looking forward to seeing how this plays out, especially with all of the tension created by the recent introduction of 100,000 Kryptonians into Superman's life.

Batman #686: Neil Gaiman and Andy Kubert are teaming up for the special 2-part event, "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?" This much-anticipated tale is reputed to offer a deeper exploration of Bruce Wayne's life than any Batman story to date. And with Batman trapped at the beginning of time and absent from his own titles for so long, we can all use a little interlude with the real Caped Crusader.
Rebels #1: A new ongoing series starring Braniac 2, who forms a team to free billions from a mysterious foe. Supergirl and The Legion of Super-Heroes guest star. With the cancellation of the Legion's book, and the disappointment of the reprint-oriented Adventure Comics #0, I need some new Legion-like material!

My personal favorite of the week is going to be Green Lantern Corps #33. The War of Light continues as we count down to the Blackest Night event this summer. Mongul is still trying to wrest control of the Sinestro Corps, and his target this time is Daxam. But Daxamite Sodam Yat, aka Ion, might have something to say about that...

Other highlights for the week are Batman And The Outsiders Special #1 , Booster Gold #17, Fables #81, and Nightwing #153 (the last of the series).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Welcome to my sanctum sanctorum of comics book delights. Every magician - even a comic book magician - should have a place to ponder the deeper mysteries of life, the universe, and everything; this is mine.

But I want it to be yours as well. While I plan to share my thoughts and ideas about various comic book issues and series, I am not so egotistical as to think that mine are the only thoughts and ideas with merit. Your opinions might just matter to me as much as my own (depending on what day of the week it is and whether or not I have taken my medication), so be sure to use the comment feature and let me know what you think. Whether you agree, disagree, think I'm just the most insightful genius ever to grace the planet, or a moronic spouter of useless blather, I want to hear it.

Hopefully we'll have a little fun along the way...